We at IBAG Money Transfer (“IBAG”, “we”, “us”, “our”) value our customer’s (“you”, “your”) trust. We take your privacy and security seriously.
Purpose of Collecting Data
To operate the Website and / or to provide the Services to you, we must process information about you. We are also required by law and regulations (including Know Your Customer (KYC) regulations, Anti-Money Laundering law), to establish your identity and financial standing for providing you the Services. You agree to us using your information for the purpose of serving you.
Data We Collect
The type of information we collect depends on which of the Services you use and how and on your use of the Website features.
Things that you and others do and provide.
- Information you provide. We collect information, content and communications you provide when you use the Website and / or the Services. This can include information such as personal details (like your name, date of birth, etc.), contact details (like your permanent address, contact address, email id, phone number, etc.), information about your identity (such as a copy of your Egyptian National ID or passport), financial details (such as your employment status, you income, bank account details, etc.), personal photo, information you give us through chat or by email or over phone, answers you give to surveys, forms, etc.
- Your usage. We collect information about how you use the Website and / or the Services, such as frequency and duration of use, pages visited, your location, etc.
- Information about transactions made. We collect and may verify information about your transactions done using the Services. This includes transaction information, such as your bank account, bank card and mobile wallet details, etc.
We collect information from the device you use to access the Website and / or Services. We collect this information to keep your data safe, to improve features for you and fix issues. Information that we obtain from your device may include:
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, etc.
- Identifiers: unique identifiers such as device ID, SIM ID and other identifiers. IP address and device ID (we will link your mobile phone number with your mobile device).
- Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings that you enable, such as access to your camera, photos, microphone, location, etc.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed, etc.
For the purpose of Fraud prevention, user safety, and compliance, the dedicated App safety SDK needs to send the following anonymous diagnostic data off the device for detection of security issues. Thus, the application collects the following data:
Category: App info and performance
Data Type: Diagnostics
Information about the integrity of the app and the operating system. For example, rooting, running in an emulator, hooking framework usage, etc…
Category: Device or other identifiers
Data Type: Device or other identifiers
Information that relates to an individual device. For example, a device model and anonymous identifier to control that app instance executed on the original device that it was initially installed on. It is needed to combat threats like bots and API abuse.
Usage of Data
- We use your data to:
- consider your application for registering for IBAG Services and confirm your identity
- provide you the Services
- send you messages about your account and other services you use if you get in touch, or we need to tell you about something
- exercise our rights under contracts we have entered with you
- investigate and resolve complaints and other issues
- confirm your identity when you use the Services or to respond to you when you contact us
- prevent illegal activities like money laundering, tax evasion and fraud
- keep records of information we hold about you in line with legal and regulatory requirements
- adhere to laws and regulations (these mean we may sometimes need to share customer details with regulators, tax authorities, law enforcement or other third parties)
- to verify accounts and activity
- to combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, and promote safety and security
- to send you notifications and communicate with you about the Website and / or Services.
- to conduct research and support innovation to provide more convenient experience, new products & services matching to benefit you, etc.
By using the Website and / or Services, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed by IBAG and its affiliates. To serve you, IBAG may need to provide you with certain communications, such as service announcements and administrative messages. These communications are considered part of the Service, which you may not be able to opt-out from receiving.
Sharing of Data
Your information is shared with others in the following way:
- Legal or regulatory requirements
We may share your information with regulators and law enforcement authorities in the circumstances outlined within the Egyptian law and regulations or with any other applicable jurisdictions in your specific circumstances:
- In response to requests from regulators and law enforcement authorities.
- When we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorized use of the Website and / or Services, breaches of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Services), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory enquiries.
- Information that we receive about you (including financial transaction data related to the Services) can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also retain information from accounts disabled for term breaches to prevent repeat abuse or other breaches.
- Third-party partners
We work with third-party partners who help us operate and improve the Website and / or Services. Some data that directly identifies you might be shared with third parties for the sole purpose of serving you. We do not sell any of your information to anyone. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide.
We communicate with you through various means such as the Website, IBAG Mobile App, in-App notifications, Chat, SMS, email, your contact address or phone number. By using the Website and / or Services, you consent to any form of recording and retention of any communication, information and data exchanged between you and IBAG or its representatives or agents.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless IBAG, the officers, directors, agents, partners, employees, licensors, distributors, and representatives of IBAG, from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, suits, proceedings, losses, damages, costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from or relating to your access and / or use of, or interaction with the Website and / or Services for any act, error, or omission of your use of the Website and / or Services, in connection therewith, including, but not limited to, matters relating to incorrect, incomplete, or misleading information; invasion of privacy; or violation of any applicable law or claim related to your use of the Website and / or Services, except where such use is authorized by IBAG.
- You will not hold IBAG liable in any way for any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by any interruption or error in transmission due to any “force majeure” (e.g. flood, extra ordinary weather conditions, earthquake, fire, war, insurrection, riot, labor dispute, pandemics, action of government / regulators, communications or power failure, equipment or software malfunction) or due to any other cause beyond the reasonable control of IBAG.
- You agree and acknowledge that in the absence of fault or gross negligence on our part, we shall not be liable to you for any damages whatsoever, whether such damages are direct, indirect, incidental or consequential.
Applicable Law & Severability
You are responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the information you provide. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, outdated, or incomplete, or if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, outdated, or incomplete, we may refuse to provide you the Services and / or terminate your access to and refuse current or future use of the Services.
In the event of termination of your use of the Services, whether initiated by you and / or by us, your data may be deleted or retained even after termination, for a period as required by the law and regulations, and our internal policy.